We are thrilled to announce a special event that is critical for anyone seeking to deepen their understanding of expert evidence in criminal law. Jeremy Newton, together with Braelyn Drever, will be presenting the exclusive webinar, “Practice Foundations: Expert Evidence in Criminal Law,” scheduled for November 17th from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm.
Why Attend This Webinar?
Expert evidence plays a pivotal role in many complex criminal trials. This webinar aims to guide criminal lawyers and law students in navigating this crucial aspect of legal practice. The topics covered will include:
- Selecting and Qualifying Your Own Expert Witness: Tips to choose the right professional to provide specialized knowledge in your case.
- Lay Opinion vs Expert Opinion Evidence: Understanding the distinctions and how they impact your case.
- Key Cases Dealing with Expert Witnesses: A comprehensive review of foundational cases, plus some back-pocket references for diverse legal scenarios.
- Notice Requirements for Calling an Expert Witness: Procedures and requirements to ensure compliance with legal standards.
- Cross-Examining an Expert Witness: Strategies to challenge the opposing side’s expert in court.
There are three different ticket options to suit your professional status:
- Regular Registration: $95
- 1-5 Year Call: 10% off for lawyers called within the last 5 years, priced at $85.5
- Student Ticket: 25% off for law students or students-at-law, priced at $71.25
For discounted group pricing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the first registration from your firm.
About the Presenters
Both Jeremy Newton and Braelyn Drever are seasoned professionals with extensive experience in criminal law. Their expertise will bring invaluable insights, making this webinar an essential learning opportunity.
We invite you to be part of this enriching event. Your participation will not only enhance your skills but also contribute to your overall growth as a legal professional. Secure your spot by visiting BulwarkLaw.ca or contacting us directly.
Please note that program formats and dates are subject to change, and prices are subject to GST.
Join us in this engaging exploration of expert evidence in criminal law. We look forward to seeing you on November 17th!