When facing criminal prosecution throughout Alberta, you want to hire lawyers with experience, up-to-date legal knowledge, and a reputation for fierce advocacy among judges, prosecutors and the police. Bulwark Law offers our clients effective professional representation and a compassionate understanding of the stresses that accompany any confrontation with governmental authority. No one wants a criminal record that can impact every aspect of life: family, job, access to financing, licencing, immigration status, housing, and loss of self-esteem. At Bulwark Law, we have successfully represented clients facing a full array of criminal charges under the Canadian Criminal Code and Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
Facing Criminal Charges in Calgary?
A criminal prosecution can impact every aspect of your life, financial security, and your family’s stability. At Bulwark Law, our lawyers are committed to providing our clients with strategic defences to all sorts of charges: violent offences, drug possession and sale, firearms possession, sexual assault, property offences, and white-collar crime. Our lawyers strive to defend our clients with a combination of legal knowledge, an understanding of the criminal prosecution process, and negotiating skills. We focus on having criminal charges withdrawn or minimized, but if we need to, we have the trial experience to defend your case before a judge and jury fully.
Criminal Cases We Take
- Assault: Assault is defined as the intention to apply force to someone else directly or indirectly without that person’s consent. There are degrees of severity ranging from common assault and assault with a weapon to various forms of sexual assault.
- Bail: The most crucial goal of a bail hearing is the release of the defendant pending trial so that you can continue to work, support your family, and be available to assist your legal team as they build a viable defence to any charges. This critical stage of any criminal prosecution requires rigorous advocacy that provides you with the most options during the period of time pending trial.
- Driving Offences: Whether charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, recklessness, or vehicular homicide, the lawyers at Bulwark Law will defend you and your continued right to drive with rigour, understanding the enormous impact that loss of driving privileges can mean to our clients.
- Drug Offences: A drug conviction can impair your ability to earn a living and obtain a professional license and will follow you endlessly throughout your life. No one should plead guilty to a drug offence without first consulting with experienced legal counsel.
- Financial Crime: Financial crimes include fraud, money laundering, and counterfeiting, among others. Any prosecution for financial crime should be met with a rigorous and strategic defence to avoid prison and a conviction that can impair your future capacity to find meaningful employment.
- Murder/Manslaughter: Murder and manslaughter charges are the most serious criminal charges anyone can face. Defending against such charges requires a sophisticated investigation of police tactics, and a full understanding of the science behind DNA, forensics, ballistics, undercover police operations, and the ability to challenge any false science, such as blood splatter, lie detection, and various other law enforcement tools.
- Pardons: A criminal conviction can impede your ability to secure employment, travel to the United States and abroad, and obtain financing for a business or home. After specified waiting periods, one might be eligible to apply for a pardon. This is a complex procedure that is best done by experienced criminal defence lawyers who know the intricacies of the law, and who know how to create a compelling narrative to support your application for a pardon.
- Sexual Assault: Whether facing charges of domestic assault, date rape, or sexual assault of varying degrees, your well-being is best protected by securing experienced legal counsel as soon as possible to develop a viable defence strategy.
- Theft/Robbery: Theft is taking another’s property without permission, and the degree charged depends on the value of the property stolen. Robbery is charged when violence or the threat of violence is used to steal or extort property from another. Both are serious charges that require a skilled defence developed by experienced criminal defence lawyers that is based on the evidence, the nature of the police investigation, and the prosecutor.
- Weapons Offences: Canada highly regulates the possession of weapons under the Criminal Code and Firearms Act. Whether charged with possessing a firearm, carrying a firearm in public, concealing a firearm, or unauthorized possession, penalties can be severe. Using a firearm or other weapon during the commission of a crime can also enhance any penalties upon conviction.
How a Calgary Criminal Defence Lawyer Can Help You
Never try to represent yourself. Instead, remain silent and hire an experienced criminal defence lawyer as soon as possible to protect your rights and begin the task of constructing a viable defence. A skilled criminal defence lawyer knows how to investigate the police, challenging their methods and how they secure evidence and witness testimony. In addition, an experienced criminal defence lawyer can develop the right strategy, negotiate successfully with prosecutors, and prepare for trial if necessary.
When prosecutors face defence lawyers with a strong record of success, such as those at Bulwark Law, they are more likely to consider withdrawing charges or charging lesser offences. Your future, and your family’s future, require rigorous defence from the beginning of any criminal prosecution. Don’t hesitate to seek knowledgeable legal guidance.
Contact Bulwark Law Today
Your freedom and future are at stake when facing criminal charges. At Bulwark Law, our compassionate, knowledgeable, and skilled lawyers have a reputation among Calgary prosecutors and judges for aggressive representation. Call us today at 403 678 7360 or complete the contact form to arrange your free initial consultation.